Senior .NET Backend Developer
We have a vacancy for a skillful Senior .NET Backend Developer to join our development team in an enjoyable, challenging and creative working environment.
The team is responsible for the whole lifecycle of our platform infrastructure that supports our web and mobile apps. As part of our team, you will be involved in the development of interesting and often complex projects, such as content-management platforms, Web API's supporting mobile apps and cloud-based solutions.
In close collaboration with project managers, designers and the team you will analyze, design, code, test, debug, deploy and maintain these tools and make recommendations on emerging technologies. Our software solutions are primarily built on top of the Microsoft ASP.NET technology stack (C#, MVC), but we are always looking for new and exciting tools and technologies!
- Design, implement, document, test, and fine-tune application code using .NET framework's development stack.
- Develop applications, services and integration components in Microsoft C# using ASP.NET MVC framework.
- Ensure development takes into account all aspects of requirements - including data quality, customer experience, architecture, security & operations - so that software is fit for purpose when it goes live.
All of our team are passionate about technology, we love exploring new technology and staying on the cutting edge. The successful candidate should be interested in technology and demonstrate a keen interest in programming.
You will be encouraged to expand on ideas, play around with new technologies, develop yourself as a programmer and develop fun applications that will be used by many.
The following skills are required from a successful candidate:
- University degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
- At least 4 years (post-degree) of working experience in the field
- Good knowledge of SQL and experience of either SQL server or other major relational RDBMS.
- A good understanding of object-oriented analysis and design (Design Patterns, TDD, Dependency Injection, SOLID Principles).
- Ability to understand business requirements and create software solutions that work within agreed technical designs.
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn your hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when you fall outside their area of direct expertise.
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments.
- Self motivated and methodical, with attention to detail.
The following skills will be greatly appreciated:
- Exposure to cloud-based solutions (Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services).
- Any other web technology or programming language (e.g. Python/Ruby/PHP/Java). We firmly believe that each language and framework teaches us something new.
Competitive salary and percs dependent on skills